|Arduino in Action
Arduino in Action is a hands-on guide to prototyping and building electronics using the Arduino platform. Suitable for both beginners and advanced users, this easy-to-follow book begins with the basics and then systematically guides you through projects ranging from your first blinking LED through connecting Arduino to devices like game controllers or your iPhone.
About the Technology
Arduino is an open source do-it-yourself electronics platform that supports a mind-boggling collection of sensors and actuators you can use to build anything you can imagine. Even if you've never attempted a hardware project, this easy-to-follow book will guide you from your first blinking LED through connecting Arduino to your iPhone.
About this Book
Arduino in Action is a hands-on guide to prototyping and building DIY electronics. You'll start with the basics—unpacking your board and using a simple program to make something happen. Then, you'l attempt progressively more complex projects as you connect Arduino to motors, LCD displays, Wi-Fi, GPS, and Bluetooth. You'll explore input/output sensors, including ultrasound, infrared, and light, and then use them for tasks like robotic obstacle avoidance.
Arduino programs look a lot like C or C++, so some programming skill is helpful.
- Getting started with Arduino—no experience required!
- Writing programs for Arduino
- Sensing and responding to events
- Robots, flying vehicles, Twitter machines, LCD displays, and more!
Purchase of the print book includes a free eBook in PDF, Kindle, and ePub formats from Manning Publications.
Martin Evans is a professional developer, a lifelong electronics enthusiast, and the creator of an Arduino-based underwater ROV. Joshua Noble is an author and creative technologist who works with smart spaces. Jordan Hochenbaum uses Arduino to explore musical expression and creative interaction.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 Hello Arduino
- Chapter 2 Digital input and output
- Chapter 3 Simple projects: input and output
- Chapter 4 Extending Arduino
- Chapter 5 Arduino in motion
- Chapter 6 Object detection
- Chapter 7 LCD displays
- Chapter 8 Communications
- Chapter 9 Game on
- Chapter 10 Integrating the Arduino with iOS
- Chapter 11 Making wearables
- Chapter 12 Adding shields
- Chapter 13 Software integration