Last post introduced "Modified ADKTerminalTest example of Arduino 1.5.2", it work with "http://labs.arduino.cc/uploads/ADK/ArduinoTerminal/ThibaultTerminal_ICS_0001.apk" in default. Alternatively, Circuits@Home provide a project "Android ADK terminal emulator for Arduino" with source code, it can work with the modified ADKTerminalTest. This post descript how to import and setup in Eclipse of Android Developer Tools.
- It's assumed you have Android SDK installed on your PC.
- Download and unzip source code of ArduinoTerminalSrc.zip from "Android ADK terminal emulator for Arduino page", it can also be download here directly.
- Make sure Android 2.3.3 (API 10) and associated Google APIs are installed in your Android Developer Tools. In Eclipse, select Window in menu bar, -> Android SDK Manager.
Import downloaded ArduinoTerminalSrc:
- Click File -> Import...
- Select "Existing Android Code into Workspace" under Android section.
- Browse to select downloaded and unziped folder.
- Optionally check "Copy projects into workspace" and click Finish.
- After a moment of auto-build, many error of something like "The import com.android.future cannot be resolved" will be reported.
- Right click your project - > Properties.
- Select Target Google APIs of Platform 2.3.3, and click OK.
- After finished and re-built, you can download it to your Android device. It can work with the modified ADKTerminalTest.
- Tested on Nexus One with Android 2.3.6. But not work on HTC One X with Android 4.1.1, dur to issues of Theme!