ESP32-S2-Saola-1 is a small-sized ESP32-S2 based development board produced by Espressif. Most of the I/O pins are broken out to the pin headers on both sides for easy interfacing. Developers can either connect peripherals with jumper wires or mount ESP32-S2-Saola-1 on a breadboard.
To cover a wide range of users’ needs, ESP32-S2-Saola-1 supports:
The full model name of my board is ESP32-S2-Saola-1R, with chip embedded ESP32-S2-WROVER comes with a PCB antenna, 4 MB flash and 2 MB PSRAM.
- ESP32-S2-WROVER & ESP32-S2-WROVER-I Datasheet
- ESP32-S2-WROOM & ESP32-S2-WROOM-I Datasheet
ESP32-DevKitC is an entry-level development board. It has all the ESP32 pins exposed and is easy to connect and use.
My board named ESP32-DevKitC-VE, with Module ESP32-WROVER-E, comes with a PCB antenna, 4 MB flash and 8MB PSRAM.
- ESP32-DevKitC Overview
- ESP32-DevKitC V4 Getting Started Guide
- ESP32-WROVER-E & ESP32-WROVER-IE Datasheet
ESP8266-DevKitC is an Espressif compact development board based on ESP8266 modules. All of the I/O pins of the module are broken out to the female header connectors on both sides of the board for easy interfacing. Developers can connect these pins to peripherals as needed.
My board named ESP8266DevKitC-02D-F, with module ESP-WROOM-02D, come with female header.
- ESP8266-DevKitC Getting Started Guide
- ESP-WROOM-02D/02U Datasheet
- ESP8266 (NodeMCU/ESP8266 DevKitC) + SSD1306 I2C OLED, Platform IO.