|Arduino Adventures: Escape from Gemini Station|
Trouble ensues. The station is evacuated, including Cade and Elle's class that was visiting the station on a field trip. Cade and Elle don’t make it aboard their shuttle and are trapped on the station along with a friendly artificial intelligence named Andrew who wants to help them get off the damaged station. Using some old hardware, a laptop, and some toolboxes full of electronics parts, you will follow along and build eight gizmos with Cade and Elle that will help them escape from Gemini Station.
The hardware is Arduino. Each new challenge opens a new area of Arduino and basic electronics knowledge. You’ll be taken incrementally from a simple task such as turning on a light through to a complex combination of microcontroller, electronic components, and software programming. By the end of the book you’ll be well on your way towards being able to create and implement any sort of electronically controlled device you can imagine, using the stunningly popular Arduino microcontroller.
- Provides eight challenges, each challenge increasing in complexity
- Builds around a fictional storyline that keeps the learning fun
- Leaves you on a solid foundation of electronic skills and knowledge
What you’ll learn
- Install and configure Arduino’s programming environment
- Build understanding of LEDs, Resisters, capacitors, and other basic components
- Build and test electronic circuits involving breadboarding and basic wiring
- Program behavior using the Arduino Programming Language
- Interface and influence the physical world through motors and sensors
Who this book is for
Escape from Gemini Station: An Arduino Hands-On Adventure is suitable for ages 8 and up. No experience is required, and complete instructions are provided on using the Arduino microcontroller. Teachers will find the book useful for the downloadable teacher handouts available from the authors' website. The book is perfect for anyone learning Arduino, or preparing to teach it to first-time users.