The Arduino extension fully embraces the Arduino developer community and is almost fully compatible and consistent with the official Arduino IDE. On top of it, we added the most sought-after features, such as IntelliSense, Auto code completion, and on-device debugging for supported boards.
Here is a list of the core functionalities:
- IntelliSense and syntax highlighting for Arduino sketches
- Verify and upload your sketches in Visual Studio Code
- Built-in board and library manager
- Built-in example list
- Built-in serial monitor
- Snippets for sketches
- Automatic Arduino project scaffolding
- Command Palette (F1) integration of frequently used commands (e.g. Verify, Upload…)
- New Integrated Arduino Debugging
For Arduino extension users, you can directly download and install the extension from Visual Studio Code Marketplace at: https://aka.ms/arduino.