Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Test 8*8 LED Matrix with Arduino Uno R3

Just purchased a Arduino Start Kit with Arduino Uno R3, and some components. It's the first test for the 8*8 LED Matrix.


Basically it follow the tutorial of Row-columm Scanning to control an 8x8 LED Matrix, can be open in in Arduino IDE (1.5.7 in my case), File -> Examples -> 07.Display -> RowColumnScanning.


The connection follow the diagram:


To make it simple, I remove the two potentiometers, and ignore readSensors() in the code.

8 pcs of 220 ohm resistors are added  to limit the current, to protect my board.

The 8*8 LED Matrix marked 1588BS, it should be the part number or model number. Actually I cannot find any marking to recognize the pin 1. I place it by chance.

To turn on any spot, set it low in the code:

  pixels[x][y] = LOW;

Next:
- Implement walking bit to test all bit ON/OFF.

No comments:

Post a Comment