Quickly learn to program for microcontrollers and IoT devices without a lot of study and expense. MicroPython and controllers that support it eliminate the need for programming in a C-like language, making the creation of IoT applications and devices easier and more accessible than ever.
MicroPython for the Internet of Things is ideal for readers new to electronics and the world of IoT. Specific examples are provided covering a range of supported devices, sensors, and MicroPython boards such as Pycom’s WiPy modules and MicroPython’s pyboard. Never has programming for microcontrollers been easier.
The book takes a practical and hands-on approach without a lot of detours into the depths of theory. The book:
- Shows a faster and easier way to program microcontrollers and IoT devices
- Teaches MicroPython, a variant of one of the most widely used scripting languages
- Is friendly and accessible to those new to electronics, with fun example projects
What You'll Learn:
- Program in MicroPython
- Understand sensors and basic electronics
- Develop your own IoT projects
- Build applications for popular boards such as WiPy and pyboard
- Load MicroPython on the ESP8266 and similar boards
- Interface with hardware breakout boards
- Connect hardware to software through MicroPython
- Explore the easy-to-use Adafruit IO connecting your microcontroller to the cloud