About This Book
- Capture mind-blowing video from the sky and impress your friends and colleagues
- Choose and configure components to build your own multicopter
- Fully illustrated and written in a conversational manner
This book is for a wide range of individuals who are looking to shoot aerial footage with a multicopter. No previous flying experience is assumed, but even the most expert flyers will find unexpected and interesting information.
What You Will Learn
- Discover the physics of multicopter flight
- Browse through the plethora of turnkey systems to choose a fabricated platform that suits your needs
- Get acquainted with safety precautions to minimize your legal and financial liability
- Calculate the specifications of the components you're purchasing to maximize flight time and performance
- Program and calibrate the guidance system of your drone
- Familiarize yourself with the key maneuvers for cinematic multicopter videography
- Understand post-production editing and preparation techniques to improve your multicopter footage
Multicopters have revolutionized the television and film industry. For the cost of just a few hours of traditional helicopter rental, videographers and cinematographers can own a multicopter drone that shoots stunning aerial shots that helicopter pilots can only dream of. This book is a practical guide that aims to help you learn how to build, fly, and program your own drone.
The book starts by explaining the physics of multicopter flight and then walks you through all of the decision processes when choosing a platform. From turnkey systems to custom-built multicopters, you will not only comprehend the working of the components, but also gauge why the choices you make are crucial and how they affect your flight. As you go through the book, you will gain a firm grip on the principles, choices, and safety issues involved in a multicopter flight.
Finally, it will teach you the maneuvers to capture great camera movements and explain the intricacies of stabilizing them in post-production. In short, you will be well on your way to becoming a professional multicopter videographer.